Red Butte Garden offers many classes on waterwise and native landscaping. The classes range from two-hour lectures to extensive three-week classes. Classes provide valuable information about design, plant selection, maintenance, as well as garden walks so you can see first hand what these plants look like in a garden setting. We also offer residential garden tours focusing on waterwise and native landscapes.
There are many great resources available to learn more about waterwise gardening, including:
- Busco, Janice and Morin, Nancy. Native Plants for High-Elevation Western Gardens. Fulcrum Publishing, 2003.
- Keane, Terry. Water-Wise Landscaping. Utah State University Extension, 1995.
- Knopf, Jim. Waterwise Landscaping with Trees, Shrubs & Vines . Chamisa Books, 1999.
- Springer, Lauren. The Undaunted Garden. Fulcrum Publishing, 1994
- Mielke, Judy. Native Plants for Southwestern Landscapes. Universtiy of Texas Press, 1993.
- Mee,Wendy; Barnes, Jared; Kjelgren, Roger; Sutton, Richard; Cerney, Teresa; Johnson, Craig. Waterwise - Native Plants for Intermountain Landscapes. Utah State University Press, 2003.
- Phillips, Judith. Plants for Natural Gardens. Museum On New Mexico Press, 1995.