Native Plant References
Beginner / All skill levels
- Larry C. Burrill, Steven A. Dewey, David W. Cudney, and B.E. Nelson, Weeds of the West (University of Wyoming).
- Cottonwood Canyons Foundation, Wildflowers of the Cottonwood Canyons (Cottonwood Canyons Foundation).
- Thomas J. Elpel, Botany in a Day: The Patterns Method of Plant Identification (Hops Press).
- James G. Harris and Melinda Woolf Harris, Plant Identification Terminology: An Illustrated Glossary (Spring Lake Publishing).
- Steve Hegji, Wasatch Wildflowers: A Field Guide (Cedar Fort Inc).
- Renee Van Buren, Janet G. Cooper, Leila M. Shultz, and Kimball T. Harper, Woody Plants of Utah: A Field Guide with Identification Keys to Native and Naturalized Trees, Shrubs, Cacti, and Vines (Utah State University Press).
- Arthur Cronquist, Noel H. Holmgren, Patrick K. Holmgren, and J.L. Reveal, Intermountain Flora (The New York Botanical Garden Press).
- Stanley Welsh, N. Duane Atwood, Sherel Goodrich, and Larry C. Higgins, A Utah Flora (Brigham Young University).
Gardening with Native Plants
- Jan Busco and Nancy R. Morin, Native Plants for High-Elevation Western Gardens (Fulcrum Publishing).
- Wendy Mee, Jaren Barnes, Roger Kjelgren, Richard Sutton, Teresa Cerny and Craig Johnson, Water Wise: Native Plants for Intermountain Landscapes (Utah State University Press).
- Susan E. Meyer, Roger K. Kjelgren, Darrel G. Morrison and William A. Varga, Landscaping on the New Frontier: Waterwise Design for the Intermountain West (Utah State University Press)
- Utah State University Extension, Combinations for Conservation by The Center for Water Efficient Landscaping (Utah State University Extension).