RED BUTTE GARDEN COVID-19 VISITATION POLICIES
The health and safety of our guests, staff, volunteers—and our plant collections—are our top priority. Keeping in line with the latest COVID-19 guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the University of Utah, and Salt Lake City, we request that all visitors and guests adhere to the following temporary protocols if you plan to visit. These measures are necessary to ensure a safe and positive experience for everyone. We appreciate your support and shared commitment to the well-being of our community.
Plan your Red Butte Garden visit. To pre-register and purchase tickets please Click Here.
Please check our Virtual Resources webpage for online classes, gardening tips, and family-friendly, nature-based activities that can be done from home.
For more information regarding Red Butte Garden programming and event changes, please Click Here.
Look for the latest news about COVID-19 status on the University of Utah Dept. of Public Safety webpage.
Red Butte Garden Visitor Center
300 Wakara Way
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
- Guests will enter through the Visitor Center via a contactless system, checking in at the front desk before entering the Garden.
- Guests will exit the Garden either through the Orangerie service drive turnstyle, the Orangerie boardwalk that leads to the north door of the Visitor Center, or Engagement Garden (space between the Visitor Center and Orangerie) and exit through the Visitor Center connector service doors to the parking lot.
- Please be aware of people walking through the parking lot and of the new entrance line that will be formed outside of the Visitor Center.
- Practice physical distancing by staying six feet apart from others, including Garden workers.
- Practice daily preventative measures such as proper hand washing, and avoid touching Garden features like sculptures, pots, fountains, etc.
- Stay home if you do not feel well or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Face coverings (e.g. mask, scarf, gaiter, bandana) are required to enter.
- All Garden staff and volunteers will be wearing face coverings while working.
- Pre-purchased tickets are required. To help facilitate social distancing, all Garden admissions (including admission for Garden members) will be controlled through 30-minute timed intervals that must be reserved online.
- Before arrival: Guests should be prepared to bring their own hand sanitizer, face coverings, bottled water, and snacks, and be prepared to carry out their trash.
- Arrival at the Garden: Guests should arrive at the Garden during their designated time slot. Garden staff will facilitate contactless entry through the Visitor Center main entrance. Guests should be mindful of instructional signs and maintain proper distancing when checking in at the front desk.
- In the Garden: When visiting, guests should practice physical distancing and not gather in groups. Limited restrooms are available. Please be mindful of posted guidelines throughout the Garden, and please follow any instructions given by Garden staff members or volunteers.
- Face coverings: Face coverings (e.g. mask, scarf, gaiter, bandana) are required inside university buildings, including Red Butte Garden, and in outdoor public settings where physical distancing measures are difficult to maintain. Face coverings must cover both the nose and the mouth.
- Closure areas: Certain areas of the Garden remain temporarily closed, including portions of the Visitor Center, the Orangerie, the Children’s Garden, and all interactive fountains.
- Tram service is currently unavailable. Guests should be prepared to walk the Garden paths with minimal assistance.
- Questions? Call 801-585-0556 or email email@example.com. We are happy to help.
- Garden Members Only: Admission Reservations
- General Public: Tickets and Reservations
- Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your reservation, please do so at least 24 hours prior to your time slot via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org