Calling All Local Poets!
Spring is right around the corner, which means it's time for Red Butte Garden's sixth annual Spring Poetry contest. Poets of all ages are invited to enter original, spring-inspired poems. Eleven lucky winners will have their poems displayed in the Garden's poetry boxes during April and May to help celebrate National Poetry Month. Winners will also receive a prize package perfectly suited for aspiring authors and poets of all ages.
Check back in January for the official contest entry form.
Thank you to everyone who submitted a poem in our 2020 Spring Poetry Contest.
Take a walk through the Garden to find our eleven poetry boxes.
Poetry Submission Guidelines
- Open to Utah residents only
- No more than 24 lines
- Must be the original work of the author
- Must be themed around springtime or relevant to the Garden
- Must be appropriate for all ages
- Must be submitted by the published deadline
- One entry per person
Poems will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Inspired by nature
- Relevant to the spring season or the Garden
- 24 lines or shorter
- Appropriate for all ages
- All entries will be judged blind with author names removed from each entry before judging
Submissions accepted Jan 5-Feb 14, 2021. Winners will be notified in early March 2021.
By submitting your poems, the author grants Red Butte Garden a license to publish and reproduce the poem online and in other media.
Please contact Jason Alba at email@example.com.
RED BUTTE GARDEN REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY