FRIDAYS, AUGUST 30-SEPTEMBER 27 @ 6-9PM
This class is a continuation of Botanical Drawing 1. Students will continue to sharpen their observation skills of plant structures. Artists will learn to accurately draw botanical forms using graphite pencils with emphasis placed on line, form, light and shade and simple perspective.
Materials for artist to bring to class:
- Graphite Pencils: 6H, 4H, 2H, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B Brand of your choice. If you are purchasing more pencils, I favor Tom Bow and you can purchase a small set at Blick in Sugarhouse and Staedler brand also available locally.
- Pad of drawing paper 11x14 or 9x12. Strathmore brand available locally at Blick, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby. 300 or 400 series.
- Pad of tracing paper: 11x14 or 9x12. Canson Calique is the most translucent of all brands. It can only be purchased at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon. 300 or 400 series.
a 40% discount coupon you can apply.
- Pad of Bristol paper: 11x14 or 9x12, Strathmore, Utrecht or Canson brand Vellum or smooth (plate) finish, 300 or 400 series.
- A Pentel CLIC eraser found at office stores, maybe Blick
- Kneaded eraser(s)
- Hand held pencil sharpener. Electric sharpener available in class.
- Roll of "Scotch" brand tape labeled REMOVABLE.
- Roll of 1/2 inch tape labeled “Artists Tape”. It is acid free. Available at Blick
- A small makeup brush or basting brush to sweep away eraser particles
- Tortillions – (smudge sticks) from first class
- A good book to purchase: "How to Draw Plants", by Keith West
Items Provided to artists: