The Water Conservation Garden has been designed to demonstrate that beautiful gardens need not require heavy application of water. Our intent is to present a garden so attractive that home and business owners will want to garden and landscape in this way.
This garden will bring an end to the myth that water-wise gardening can only exist in a landscape of rock and cacti. With the addition of this three-acre garden, Red Butte Garden will also add new educational programs to teach people how to create their own water-wise landscapes.
Like all our gardens, the Water Conservation Garden will evolve and change over time as young plants mature and more water-wise plants become available in the trade.
To learn more about the new Water Conservation Garden please click HERE
Join us at the Grand Opening on May 20, 2017!
Open from 9AM-9PM - Free admission for children ages 17 and under thanks to a generous donation from Sandi Behnken
- Guided garden tours will be available throughout the day
10AM - 3PM
- Drop in and enjoy water-wise kids crafts in Em's Sprout House in the Children's Garden
- Explore Botany Bin Education Stations throughout the Water Conservation Garden
- Discover Welcome Stations at each new themed area of the new garden
Noon - 1PM
- Rain Dance performance by the Wasatch Eagle Dancers
7 - 8PM
-Water Conservation Garden Design & Vision Lecture
Creativity Run Dry: Designing the Red Butte Garden Water Conservation Garden
Presented by Garden Designer Tres Fromme, Principal, 3.Fromme Design
For more information and to register to attend this lecture please click HERE