Please enter through the Amphitheatre gates. See Parking section below.
It’s time once again to support the Garden at our annual benefit plant sale!
WHAT YOU WILL FIND: The Garden offers an impressive selection of herbs, specialty annuals, vegetables, sun and shade perennials, ornamental grasses, shrubs, conifers, roses, vines, trees, and the best selection of heirloom vegetables, native plants and water-wise plants! You'll find plants for every situation, including gifts, bee-friendly, and high-altitude plants. Most of the plants are grown by local nurseries and many of the vegetables are grown here in our own greenhouses! This annual plant sale and fundraiser is always a great way to welcome the planting season!
We also offer a variety of organic gardening products such as fertilizers, and coco-fiber that when mixed into your garden or container soil, aids with water retention.
EXPERTS ON HAND: With our Garden staff and volunteers, there will be plenty of qualified help to answer your plant and gardening questions.
WHERE: The Red Butte Garden Amphitheatre. From the four-way stop sign at Chipeta and Wakara Way, turn left (or North) and follow the signs. Enter through the north-facing gate used for general admission during concerts.
WHAT TO BRING: If you have your own small wagon, bring it! We have a few shopping carts and plenty of cardboard plant trays.
Support the Garden and find some great plants! Plan ahead for Mother’s Day by purchasing a colorful hanging basket. See you at the sale!
Shop TWICE! Once to grab those important not-to-miss plants, and a second time to browse for overlooked treasures.
All Plant Sale Purchases are FINAL
Thank You For Your Support of the Garden
Parking is available in lot #75 outside the sale entrance and in the new parking garage just north of the amphitheatre entrance. We also protect a “loading only” area near the sale entrance/checkout for loading plants after you are able to collect your vehicle. Note too that there are few handicapped parking stalls in this particular University lot.
CLICK HERE for a larger map.
- Our extensive vegetable selection this year includes over 180 different varieties. This includes 60 different tomato cultivars, 32 different peppers (sweet and hot), 21 pumpkins and squash and a wide range of greens. At least 95 different vegetables are heirlooms. We will offer both an heirloom and a hybrid selection for most of the vegetables available. Quite a few of the selections will have been trialed here at the Garden, so you can try the varieties our staff and volunteers have grown and recommended. We will also have a selection of smaller cultivars that are ideal for small spaces or container gardening.
- Nothing beats the color of flowering annuals for the summer garden! We will have a variety of colors and textures, sun and shade annuals, as well as a wide variety of succulents. And, don’t forget a hanging basket or mixed planter as a great Mother’s Day gift!
- Don’t forget your favorite culinary, medicinal, tea, and fragrance herbs! Great fresh or preserved, we have a wide variety to grow and enjoy at home. Check out the slow-to-bolt Cilantro ‘Ole’ or the Rosemary ‘Gorizia’. Get them and your favorite Lavender varieties before they’re gone! This year we’ll have several new varieties of Basil; like ‘Balsamic Blooms’ with gorgeous ornamental, edible flowers! Try combinations like Chamomile, Lemon Grass and Mint in a container to stock up your tea cabinet. Save money on your grocery bill and have fun!!
- We will have over 300 different species and cultivars of perennials, including sun loving, and shade loving. There is definitely something for every type of situation, including high elevation gardens and bee-friendly plants. Check out the ‘Specialty Perennial’ section if you’re looking for something truly unique, and allow yourself plenty of time to browse!
- Ornamental grasses add texture and movement to your garden! Often overlooked, grasses serve many functions in a garden in addition to aesthetics. Ornamental Grasses can be used as a focal point or in mass, and come in a variety of colors, textures, sizes, bloom times, and water requirements. Come choose from Bluestem, Feather Reed, Sea Oats, Silver Grass, Muhly, Moor grass and more, including selections ideal for shadier areas, such as Japanese Forest Grass and Sedges. No matter the site conditions or your personal taste we are sure to have an ornamental grass for you!
- Groundcovers can solve many garden problems, such as steep slopes and masking tough areas with texture and color. From vigorous foliage cover like Wintercreeper and Pachysandra, to delicate flowering swathes of Blue Lithodora or Delosperma, we have a groundcover for every growing condition. Don’t forget about the eye-catching Plumbago for three-season interest!
- Our selection of roses includes old-fashioned garden roses, modern shrub roses, miniatures and climbers. Beautiful blooms of all colors, combined with winter hardiness and disease-resistance, make lovely additions in the home landscape. All our roses are ‘own-root’, not grafted, which means although they may be small at first, your favorite rose will not revert back to a root stock variety after a harsh winter.
- We offer a wide variety of flowering and shade trees, unique conifers, colorful shrubs and flowering vines. We also offer a variety of fruit trees, berry bushes, strawberries and rhubarb. Come with your questions and site information and let us help you select the right plant for your situation.
- CLICK HERE for information on how to properly plant a tree, and register your new tree on http://www.slco.org/milliontrees/
Click the links below to see lists of the different plants offered:
- An outline of the state of Utah means its native. Be aware that not all natives prefer low-water, Utah has many natives that require consistent moisture.
- An orange sticker with a bee means the plant is bee friendly.
- A green sticker with a mountain means the plant is hardy at high elevations.
- Be sure to check water requirements listed on the ID cards, whether by text or sticker.
RED BUTTE GARDEN REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY