Photographers and videographers who conduct portrait photography at Red Butte Garden are required to purchase a Portrait Photography Permit which is available at either a daily or yearly rate.
Definition of Portrait Photography: Red Butte Garden defines portrait photography as wedding, engagement, family portraits, or other posed portraiture of individuals by professional photographers/videographers or by amateurs acting in the role of a professional.
Daily Permits: A Portrait Photography Permit for non-exclusive use of the Garden may be purchased for $100 per day and covers the admission fee for the photographer and one assistant. All participants will be charged the regular admission fee.
Yearly Permits: Photographers/Videographers may purchase a yearly Portrait Photography Permit for $500. Photography studios with more than one photographer will be charged an extra $25 per additional photographer and each photographer will be provided with their own permit. The permit will be valid for the photographer listed on the card and one assistant. All participants will be charged the regular admission fee. The permit is valid for a year from the date of purchase. All other rules and regulations apply.
Bridal Portraits: All bridal portraits must call ahead to schedule their session. We hold many wedding ceremonies and receptions at the Garden and will refuse requests for bridal portraits during weddings. Any unscheduled bridals will be turned away if a wedding has also been scheduled for that day. Reservations are accepted up to 30 days in advance of the shoot. For reservations please contact the Event Coordinator at 801-585-9563 or the Assistant Event Coordinator at 801-587-5897.
PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY POLICIES
The photographer/videographer agrees to abide by the Portrait Photography Policies outlined below. Failure to follow these rules may result in expulsion from the Garden and/or denial of future requests.
• All bridal portraits must schedule their session.
• Tram rides are not included with the purchase of a photography permit. Arrangements for special needs must be made in advance.
• This is a living museum and our plant collections are tender. Garden beds should never be walked in or otherwise disturbed.
• Flowers and/or other foliage must never be removed from the plant.
• Plant labels or other signs shall not be removed or disturbed.
• Please be courteous of our other visitors and keep pathways accessible for them. Access to pathways, garden areas, hallways, stairways and rooms may not be blocked.
• Please remember that any party who has booked a private event in a particular location of the Garden has exclusive right to that reserved area.
• The Garden’s staff may be working in the Garden at any time, please do not interrupt their work by asking them to move.
• The changing rooms in the Orangerie may be used if they are available. If not, the restrooms may be used instead. Personal belongings may not be left in either the changing rooms or the restrooms during the photo shoot. Red Butte Garden assumes no liability for loss, theft, or damage to personal belongings.
• Portraits must conclude and participants ready to leave by closing time. The Garden reserves the right to limit groups arriving less than two hours before closing time.
• Red Butte Garden Hours:
Apr 1 – Apr 30 9:00 am - 7:30 pm 7 Days a Week
May 1 – Aug 31 9:00 am - 9:00 pm 7 Days a Week
Sept 1 – Sept 30 9:00 am - 7:30 pm 7 Days a Week
Oct 1 – Mar 31 9:00 am - 5:00 pm 7 Days a Week
To schedule a visit, or for more information, please call the Event Coordinator at 801-585-9563.