WEDNESDAYS, JANUARY 31 - FEBRUARY 28, 6 - 9PM
Botanical Drawing 1 is a foundation class that introduces artists to the basics of drawing with graphite pencils and the technical properties of drawing materials. Students will also learn the vocabulary of drawing and develop good observation skills. In addition, artists will complete a series of exercises and will draw from photos and live plants.
MATERIALS LIST - ARTIST/STUDENT TO PROVIDE
- Graphite Pencils: 6H, 4H, 2H, HB, 2B, 4B, Brand of your choice. Note: Tom Bow pencils available only online. I will have sample HB pencils of various brands for you to try out in 1st class before buying. Bring what you have before investing in sets you might regret buying.
- Pad of drawing paper 9x12. Strathmore is available at Utrecht/Blick in Sugarhouse or Hobby Lobby. 300 or 400 series. This paper is acid free
- Pad of tracing paper: 11x14 Canson, Foundation Series, Red, White and black cover and can only be bought at Hobby Lobby for $8.00 but there is always a 40% discount coupon you can apply.
- Pad of Bristol paper: 11x14 Strathmore or Canson, Vellum or Plate surface finish, 300 or 400 series.
- Pentel “Clic” eraser found at all office supply stores
- Kneaded eraser
- Hand held or battery operated pencil sharpener
- Roll of Scotch brand “Removable” tape
- Roll of white ½ inch “Artists Tape” available at Utrecht/Blick store
- A makeup or soft basting brush to sweep away eraser particles
- Tortillions – rolled paper smudge sticks (not needed for 1st class)
- A good book to purchase: How to Draw Plants, by Keith West
I will have other drawing books for you to look through. If you have questions please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Elaine's Website
RED BUTTE GARDEN REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY