MONDAYS, April 10 - May 15
(no class May 8)
Please note: this class is Botanical Drawing 1 (the newsletter listed this class as Botanical Drawing 2)
This is a foundation class that introduces students to the basics of drawing. Students will learn the vocabulary of drawing, develop observation skills, complete a sequence of exercises using graphite as the primary medium, and will be introduced to the technical properties of drawing materials.
Instructor: Elaine Hultgren Limit: 15
• Graphite Pencils: 6H, 4H, 2H, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B Brand of your choice
Note: Tom Bow pencils available only online.
• Pad of drawing paper 11x14. Strathmore is available at Utrecht/Blick in Sugarhouse and Michaels. 300 or 400 series. This paper is acid free
• Pad of tracing paper: 11x14 Canson, Foundation Series, Red, White and black cover and can only be bought at Hobby Lobby for 8.00 but there is always a 40% discount coupon you can apply.
• Pad of Bristol paper: 11x14 Strathmore or Canson, Vellum or Plate surface finish, 300 or 400 series.
• Pentel “Clic” eraser found at all office supply stores
• Kneaded eraser
• Hand held or battery operated pencil sharpener
• Roll of Scotch brand “Removable” tape mounted on a Blue Plaid card
• Roll of white ½ inch “Artists Tape” available at Utrecht/Blick store
• A makeup or soft basting brush to sweep away eraser particles
• Tortillions – rolled paper smudge sticks (not needed for 1st class)
• A good book to purchase: How to Draw Plants, by Keith West
I will have other drawing books for you to look through. If you have questions please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org